Why Nott Me

Friday, June 27, 2008

I haven't been blogging. There is/has been much going on in my life. I can't even remember where I left off.
My MIL started her chemo. It's going okay. Nobody said it would be easy. As long as her attitude stays up (cheerful) we'll be fine.


The evening of June 6th, it started raining. By Saturday morning we had gotten 8.75" of rain. Our power went out on Saturday morning. I have taken pictures, I will post a few. We (our property) has mudslides. Lots. I have never seen mudslides in the 18 years I have lived here. The town 11 miles to our East had flash floods that destroyed many homes, roads and vehicles.
This town is close to a very large river, and if I ever thought that then town would be flooded.. I would have thought it would be by the river. We have two ways to go into town from our house. One was already flooded out by the river. And the second was by the flash flood from creeks. They closed down the highway because the river was across the road. We could still get to the town where we work.

Saturday afternoon, I received a call telling me that my cousin was missing. He had taken out his airboat to "test" before he left for vacation the next week. They were searching for him, but due to all this flooding, we couldn't get thru to help with the search.

My cousin, Mark, 44, drowned. There are so many questions, that we'll never have answers for.
The one that hurts the most? Is WHY didn't he wear his life jacket. He always wore it and made anyone riding with me wear one. He had taken the boat out in this water hundreds of times. We figure that because of the large amount of rain, the water had extra force. Probably more than he was expecting. He is with God now. And he wouldn't want us to stay sad.

I'll write more later.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh Sheryl!
What difficult and sorrowful times you are having! I'm so sorry to read about your cousin -- there are just no adequate words over tragedies like this!
Hugs and prayers,
Carol-Ann

28 June, 2008 11:00  
Blogger Teresa said...

I am so sorry to hear that. That weekend was horrible for everyone in Indiana. Take care of you and I will be praying for you and your family.

29 June, 2008 00:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home